Great job to everyone so far! It’s been awesome seeing folks hit new PRs, make new friends/training partners, and push themselves through some tough testers. Hopefully you have all begun to recognize what areas you are stronger and weaker in, both compared to the rest of the group and to the “standards” of where you need to be to excel in the Open. I’ll go further into the latter once we finish up with the testing period, but keep pushing each other giving it your best efforts! Thank you for posting your honest feedback!
*Testing Period* – Be sure to post your results (and feels) to the comments!
A. Close Grip Bench Press – Build to a 1-RM
Rest 5 minutes, then…
B. CGBP – One set for Max Reps @ 85% of A
C. Power Clean – Build to a 1-RM in 8 minutes (after warmup)
Rest 2 minutes, then…
D. 8 Minute AMRAP of Power Cleans @ 90% of Part C
E. 20 Minute Bike @ Z1
- Hands should be about 14# apart for CGBP; As many sets as needed for a true max
- USE A SPOTTER ON THE BENCH PRESS
- Start clock on the 1-RM Power Clean when you get to 50-60%
- Note reps for 8 minute AMRAP
- Z1 is cooldown, conversational pace; can be done on rower (but bike is preferred)